The Day Health Strategies team has deep public sector experience and can support the design, launch or turnaround of public programs.
What We Have Done for Exchanges and Medicaid
- DHS has provided ongoing advice on strategic execution to ensure exchange sustainability.
- Multiple Exchanges: Provided exchanges with strategic and operational assistance during their launch and subsequent implementation phases.
- HealthSource Rhode Island: Currently helping with a major vendor transition, strategic planning, project management, and developing a sustainability plan. Previously conducted a SHOP assessment, helped to launch operations, advised on how to design and procure a consumer assistance solution, and assisted with multiple procurements.
- Access Health CT (Connecticut’s Health Insurance Exchange): Led the effort to develop its first ‘financial sustainability model,’ which included its multi-year budget and revenue projections, and developed a variety of revenue options to ensure sustainability. Developed the planning process for the launch.
- Led group of state exchange COO's to discuss current challenges, share best practices, and develop solutions.
- Advised senior government officials during gubernatorial transition about strategic priorities for state health programs, including exchanges and Medicaid.
"Rosemarie and her team have unsurpassed exchange experience combined with deep knowledge of the Medicaid program. They have helped several of our member plans to navigate health reform's opportunities in both of these areas."
Margaret Murray, CEO, Association for Community Affiliated Plans
"As a Senior Advisor to our team of policy experts, Rosemarie Day has played an invaluable role in our state exchange planning work. She has led key components of high profile engagements, from stakeholder facilitation to financial modeling. Her ability to provide policy guidance to states that is grounded in her real-world exchange and Medicaid program experience has made a significant difference to our clients."
Marilynn Evert, CEO, Health Management Associates