Do you have strong analytical skills, want to improve the health care system, and like working with people? Day Health Strategies is searching for a smart, high energy Senior Analyst to support the Day Health Strategies team’s projects. The Senior Analyst will work collaboratively with our client teams and internally to conduct analyses that answer complex business and healthcare questions. The Senior Analyst should be able to gather and analyze quantitative and qualitative data from multiple sources, including but not limited to publicly available data on healthcare costs and trends, as well as proprietary data from organizational operations and financial metrics and stakeholder interviews. They will also assist with general research and prepare deliverables, including presentation materials.
The ideal candidate would possess a keen interest in health reform and improving health care delivery. The candidate should be excited to track happenings in the health care space, both locally and nationally, as well as support teams that are helping to transform health care through project-based work.
Candidates should possess a background in data analytics, research, health policy, business/health administration, and/or public health. An understanding of health reform would be helpful, and a passion to learn more about the field is highly desirable. The candidate should be self-motivated, detail oriented, highly responsive and able to work with minimal supervision.
This is a full-time position with some flexibility. The person who fills this position will work primarily from our office in Somerville, MA.
- Support client projects by developing the analytic approach for the completion of project deliverables. Work with clients to refine and deliver the approach.
- Design and prepare clear, compelling, and visually appealing documents for executives, including dashboards. Work with clients to determine optimal sources of data that are most relevant at the managerial level and develop a replicable data collection approach.
- Design, collect, and analyze surveys for multiple purposes, client and otherwise. A working understanding of survey science will be required for various applications.
- Conduct program evaluations by designing an evaluation plan, collecting data from multiple sources, analyzing it, and creating final reports and recommendations.
- Develop drill down data analytics solutions for clients using the Day Health Strategies’ MOSAIC Maturity Model. Work will also include enhancing the MOSAIC survey response analysis process.
- Use internet-based search techniques to provide information and resources as requested by the Day Health Strategies team.
- Assist in the design of presentation materials, with an emphasis on clear, easy to understand visuals based on complex material. Possess knowledge and experience creating charts, graphics and timelines in MS PowerPoint and be willing to learn other programs. Ability to edit existing MS documents and potential creation of PowerPoint presentations as needed. Willing to learn various graphic design programs, like Canva, and generate infographics and other visuals Day Health Strategies can use in social media, presentations, etc.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Public Policy, Business or equivalent.
- Exceptional analytic skills. Demonstrates clear and logical thinking. Comfortable with numbers and online data research; detail-oriented. Ability to present quantitative data in a clear and concise fashion.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of project management; strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, with little or no supervision, and sometimes with short notice. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks/projects concurrently.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Some proficiency in data/analytics software a plus (e.g., R, Stata, Salesforce, SPSS, SAS, RapidMiner, Tableau, Excel Pivot, Microsoft BI, others). Experience with MS Project is a plus.
- Strong graphic design skills, i.e. ability to create visually appealing graphs, diagrams and time-lines. Use of a data visualization software or graphics suite a plus.
More information on Day Health Strategies can be found at www.dayhealthstrategies.com.