We are happy to answer any questions you have, take feedback on the blog, or set up a time to discuss your project.
Open Position: Health Care Communications Specialist
Open Position: Associate Consultant
Day Health Strategies is searching for a smart, high energy Associate Consultant to support the Day Health Strategies team’s client and internal projects. The Associate Consultant will support and help project manage portions of our client projects. The Associate Consultant will work collaboratively with our client teams and internally to facilitate problem solving of complex business and healthcare questions. She/he will also assist with general research and prepare client deliverables, including presentation materials. She/he will manage digital content marketing efforts and social media platforms. The Associate Consultant will also provide dedicated support to the Founder/CEO in activities related to internal operations, business development, and the publication of her health care related book.
The ideal candidate would possess a keen interest in health reform, health care delivery, marketing and social media, and would be someone who is generally excited to track happenings in the health care space, both locally and nationally, as well as support teams that are helping organizations to transform health care through project-based work.
Candidates should possess a background in health policy, content marketing, business/health administration, and/or public health. The candidate should have a strong ability to distill complex information into simplified text or graphics. The candidate should be self-motivated, detail oriented, highly responsive and able to work with minimal supervision. Flexibility and adaptability are essential.
This is a full-time position with an expected start date in May 2019. The person who fills this position will work primarily from our office in Somerville, MA.
- Support client projects by tracking deliverables, preparing dashboard documents, and assisting in client meeting coordination.
- Assist in qualitative data collection and analysis efforts by helping prepare for and distill findings from interviews, facilitated workshops, and secondary research.
- Assist in the drafting and development of clear, compelling, and visually appealing documents for executives, including dashboards.
- Review and track Massachusetts and national health policy and business issues and trends along with journals and online publications to extract and summarize information, as needed.
- Manage and support marketing content creation, including podcast and webinar production and editing, social media posting for Founder/CEO and company accounts, and blog post creation; produce video content, including video blogs and clip extraction from speaking engagements.
- Work closely with the Founder/CEO in collaboration with a well-known publishing house to develop and integrate marketing efforts for the 2020 release of a book on health care access and activism.
- Possess knowledge and experience creating charts, graphics and timelines in MS PowerPoint and be willing to learn other programs. Ability to edit existing MS documents and create PowerPoint presentations as needed.
- Update website as needed using WordPress. Updates may include content changes, blog posts, and press mentions. Collaborate with web developers when applicable. Understand and utilize web analytics tools to provide for continual improvement of the online experience of “client base” as well as using this creative traffic data to track online presence.
- Draft professional communications and PowerPoint decks for the Founder/CEO and company use (i.e., for email communications, conference presentations, industry publications), and others as needed. Draft and update company marketing materials, such as company overviews, standard offerings, and templates.
- Provide tracking and project management to the Founder/CEO’s marketing and business development responsibilities, including potential conference opportunities. Assist in drafting speaking proposals. Maintain the Founder/CEO’s speaker media kit.
- Assist senior staff in project management, as needed.
- Assist in other ways, as appropriate, in support of internal and client projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s highly preferred. Degree in Public Health, Public Policy, Business or equivalent. One to three years of work experience, preferably client or customer-facing.
- Exceptional skills of working with teams in a collaborative manner. Strong listening skills. Demonstrated ability to facilitate problem solving sessions and generate solutions.
- Strong analytic and writing skills. Demonstrates clear and logical thinking. Comfortable with numbers and online research; detail-oriented. Ability to present information (oral and written) in a clear and concise fashion.
- Familiarity with a variety of social media platforms, most notably Twitter and LinkedIn. Familiarity with managing websites, including WordPress, is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills; experience in project management a plus.
- Collaborative and team oriented.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, with little or no supervision, and sometimes with short notice. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks/projects concurrently. Flexible and adaptive.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with MS Project or other project management software is a plus. Graphic design skills are also a plus, i.e. ability to create visually appealing graphs, diagrams and timelines.
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to Emily Eibl at firstname.lastname@example.org.