We are happy to answer any questions you have, take feedback on the blog, or set up a time to discuss your project.
Open Position: Summer Intern
Open Position: Summer Intern
Day Health Strategies is searching for a smart, high energy Intern to support multiple Day Health Strategies projects during the summer of 2018. The Intern will assist with research, provide content for use on social media platforms, design and implement a short-series podcast, and be responsible for other designated projects. The ideal candidate would possess a keen interest in health reform, health care delivery, and would be generally excited to track happenings in the health care space, both locally and nationally. The candidate must also be willing to support teams that are helping to transform health care through project-based work.
The ideal candidate would possess a background in research, marketing, and/or public health. An understanding of health reform would be helpful, and a passion to learn more about the field is highly desirable. The candidate should be self-motivated, detail oriented, highly responsive and able to work with minimal supervision.
This is a part time position (3 to 4 days per week) for the summer of 2018 with a paid stipend. The intern will work primarily from our office in Somerville, MA; however, he or she may be asked to staff meetings in other local settings (e.g., Boston).
- Use internet-based search techniques to provide information and resources as requested by the Day Health Strategies team.
- Review and track Massachusetts and national policy issues and trends along with journals and online publications to extract and summarize information as needed for the development of company newsletter. Ability to research and track major business trends in the healthcare industry. Use social media to monitor health policy and business trends and communicate via LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Assist in the management of Day Health Strategies’ social media, including posting timely and interesting content on Twitter and LinkedIn, driving social engagement, and increasing Day Health Strategies social media following and presence
- Track social media and website analytics with responsibility for updating a social media dashboard
- Help draft content for company blogs, including generating infographics and other visuals Day Health Strategies can use in social media, presentations, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the team to develop a podcast mini-series exploring Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) in Massachusetts and collecting lessons learned from implementation of the new Massachusetts Medicaid ACO program. The intern would be responsible for planning and producing the podcast, which may include designing the podcast series, developing a reproducible production process, performing internet research, and interviewing various internal and external industry players.
- Coordinate political related outreaches to get the firm and our President more involved in various political organizations
- Conduct a benchmarking research project by examining boutique healthcare consulting firms to understand how various firms present themselves, what services they offer, and how they differentiate themselves. The intern would be expected to synthesize the research and use it to identify other models Day Health Strategies might be interested in pursuing
- Research new opportunities for increasing the visibility of Day Health Strategies, including speaking engagements, social media strategies, web presence, etc.
- Create a file management system for Day Health Strategies to streamline work processes and allow for easy retrieval of documents
- Participate in team meetings and shadow various Day Health Strategies team members
- College graduate (or entering senior year of college) – Pursuing a Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong analytical and writing skills. Demonstrates clear and logical thinking. Comfortable with numbers and online data research; detail-oriented. Ability to present quantitative data in a clear and concise fashion.
- Familiarity with a variety of social media platforms, most notably Twitter and LinkedIn. Familiarity with managing websites, including WordPress, is a plus.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Moderate graphic design skills, i.e. ability to create visually appealing graphs, diagrams and time-lines.
- Understanding of project management; strong organization skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, with little or no supervision, and sometimes with short notice. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks/projects concurrently.
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to Emily Eibl at email@example.com.