We are happy to answer any questions you have, take feedback on the blog, or set up a time to discuss your project.
Open Position: Consultant
8/19/2019 – FINAL
Do you like collaborating with mission-oriented, high performing teams; identifying and meeting client needs; and thinking systemically? Do you have strong analytical skills and want to improve the health care system? Are you interested in an excellent growth opportunity? Day Health Strategies is searching for a smart, high energy Consultant to support or lead portions of our client projects and help our firm continue to grow. The Consultant will work collaboratively with our clients and internally to facilitate problem solving of complex business and healthcare questions. The Consultant should be able to organize and lead portions of projects, gather and analyze qualitative data from clients and be comfortable working with quantitative data. They will also conduct research and prepare client materials including presentations, analyses and dashboards.
The ideal candidate will have five or more years of work experience, including consulting or comparable experience, with a demonstrated interest in and understanding of health reform and health care delivery. The candidate should be knowledgable about and excited to keep up with happenings in health care, both locally and nationally, as well as being part of a team that is helping to transform health care through project-based work. A demonstrated consultative, problem-solving mindset is essential, as is a strong mission orientation.
Candidates should possess a background in health policy, business/health administration, and/or public health. Health IT and/or analytics experience is a plus. The candidate should be collaborative, self-motivated, detail oriented, highly responsive and able to work with minimal supervision. In addition, the candidate should demonstrate strong interest in and capacity for growth into a Senior Consultant role within 1 – 2 years, taking on more client responsibility, helping the firm grow, and possibly supervising staff.
This is a full-time position with some flexibility. The person who fills this position will work primarily from our office in Somerville, MA.
- Lead portions of or participate in client projects by developing qualitative approaches for the completion of project deliverables. This includes but is not limited to framing the client’s challenges; gathering data through interviews, facilitated workshop sessions and secondary research; synthesizing findings; and preparing/presenting recommendations.
- Design and facilitate workshop sessions; creating presentations. Work with Day Health team members and clients to refine and deliver the approach.
- Design and prepare clear, compelling, and visually appealing documents for client executives, including project deliverables such as reports, analyses and dashboards.
- Conduct program evaluations by designing an evaluation plan, collecting data from multiple sources, analyzing it, and creating final reports and recommendations.
- Determine appropriate uses of Day Health services, tools and frameworks with clients.
- Develop presentation materials with an emphasis on clear, easy to understand visuals based on complex material. Possess knowledge of and experience creating charts, graphics and timelines in MS PowerPoint and be willing to learn other programs. Ability to edit existing MS documents and create PowerPoint presentations as needed.
- Track Massachusetts and national health policy and business issues and trends along with journals and online publications to extract and summarize information and draft content (for blogs, social, published articles, etc.).
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Public Policy, Business or equivalent. Five or more years of work experience, including client or customer-facing roles and consulting or similar experience.
- Exceptional skills working with clients and teams in a collaborative manner. Strong listening skills. Demonstrated ability to facilitate problem solving sessions and generate solutions.
- Demonstrated consultative and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional ability to anticipate client questions, analyze and synthesize material, lead portions of projects, think ahead about deadlines and manage activities to exceed client expectations.
- Strong analytic skills. Demonstrate clear and logical thinking. Comfortable with numbers and online research; detail-oriented. Ability to present information (oral and written) in a clear and concise fashion.
- Strong organizational skills. Experience in project management is a plus.
- Collaborative and team oriented. Able to mentor less experienced staff, as applicable.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, with little or no supervision, and sometimes with short notice. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks/projects concurrently. Flexible and adaptive.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with MS Project or other project management software is a plus. Graphic design skills are also a plus, i.e. ability to create visually appealing graphs, diagrams and timelines.
- Strong interest in and capacity for taking on more client responsibility, helping the firm grow, and possibly supervising staff within 1 – 2 years.
Please forward a resume and letter of interest to: Dani@dayhealthstrategies.com
Day Health Strategies provides equal opportunity in employment to all persons. No person shall be denied equal access because of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or physical/mental disability.