We are happy to answer any questions you have, take feedback on the blog, or set up a time to discuss your project.
Open Position: Health Care Communications Specialist
Open Position: Health Care Communications Specialist
Day Health Strategies is searching for a smart, high energy Health Care Communications Specialist to manage digital content marketing efforts and support the Day Health Strategies team’s internal and client projects. The Specialist will manage and assist with marketing content creation across social media platforms. The Specialist will also provide dedicated support to the Founder/CEO in activities related to internal operations, business development, and the publication of her health care book. The ideal candidate would possess a keen interest in health reform, health care delivery, marketing and social media, and would be someone who is generally excited to track happenings in the health care space, both locally and nationally, as well as support teams that are helping to transform health care through project-based work.
The ideal candidate would possess a background in policy research, content marketing, and/or public health. The candidate should have a strong ability to distill complex information into simplified text or graphics. An understanding of health reform would be helpful, and a passion to learn more about the field is highly desirable. The candidate should be self-motivated, detail oriented, highly responsive and able to work with minimal supervision. Flexibility and adaptability are essential.
This is a full-time position with an expected start date of May 1, 2019. The person who fills this position will work primarily from our office in Somerville, MA.
- Review and track Massachusetts and national health policy and business issues and trends along with journals and online publications to extract and summarize information, as needed.
- Manage and support marketing content creation, including podcast and webinar production and editing, social media posting for Founder/CEO and company accounts, and blog post creation; produce video content, including video blogs and clip extraction from speaking engagements.
- Work closely with the Founder/CEO in collaboration with a well-known publishing house to develop and integrate marketing efforts for the 2020 release of a book on health care access and activism.
- Manage the company newsletter and calendar of email blasts.
- Update website as needed using WordPress. Updates may include content changes, blog posts, and press mentions. Collaborate with web developers when applicable. Understand and utilize web analytics tools to provide for continual improvement of the online experience of “client base” as well as using this creative traffic data to track online presence.
- Draft professional communications and PowerPoint decks for the Founder/CEO and company use (i.e., for email communications, conference presentations, industry publications), and others as needed. Draft and update company marketing materials, such as company overviews, standard offerings, and templates.
- Assist in the design of presentation materials, with an emphasis on clear, easy to understand visuals based on complex material. Possess knowledge and experience creating charts, graphics and timelines in MS PowerPoint and be willing to learn other programs. Ability to edit existing MS documents and potential creation of PowerPoint presentations as needed. Willing to learn various graphic design programs and generate infographics and other visuals Day Health Strategies can use in social media, presentations, etc.
- Manage agendas for internal meetings. Track analytics to maintain and update internal company operational and social media dashboards.
- Provide tracking and project management to the Founder/CEO’s marketing and business development responsibilities, including potential conference opportunities. Assist in drafting speaking proposals. Maintain the Founder/CEO’s speaker media kit.
- Assist in the preparation of and follow up from the annual internal retreat and advisory board meetings.
- Support office management activities, as needed, such as identifying new productivity and technology solutions and researching membership and certification opportunities as needed.
- Assist in other ways, as appropriate, in support of internal and client projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Strong analytic and writing skills. Demonstrates clear and logical thinking. Comfortable with numbers and online data research; detail-oriented. Ability to present quantitative data in a clear and concise fashion.
- Familiarity with a variety of social media platforms, most notably Twitter and LinkedIn. Familiarity with managing websites, including WordPress, is a plus.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with MS Project is a plus.
- Strong graphic design skills, i.e. ability to create visually appealing graphs, diagrams and time-lines. Use of Canva a plus.
- Understanding of project management; strong organization skills.
- Collaborative and team oriented.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, with little or no supervision, and sometimes with short notice. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks/projects concurrently.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Day Health Strategies is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, active military and veteran’s status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to Emily Eibl at email@example.com.